The Visa Gold card
With the ING Luxembourg Visa Gold card , you can buy from 29 million retailers throughout the world … and pay for your purchases later!
And much more :
Covering any personal travel paid for using your Visa card.
Reimbursing you for any excess amount in the event of an accident or theft of a rental vehicle.
Reimbursing you for any advance payment of a ticket for a concert, play, sports event or theme park.
Early return home in the event of a hospitalisation of a family member or significant damage to the home.
With our partner Europ Assistance, we cover your personal or business travel both at home and abroad.
Family assistance and child care in the event of a hospitalisation.
What is the Visa Card?
The ING Luxembourg Visa card gives you:
- the possibility of making payments to retailers throughout the world.
- a considerable standby credit facility not tied to your current account.
- freedom to decide when to repay to make managing your budget easier;
your own choice of PIN;
Do you expect more from your Visa card than the services generally offered by credit cards? If the answer is yes, you may be interested to know that ING Luxembourg has optimised its service giving you more security, more cover and broader insurance.
What is the Visa Gold card?
The Visa Gold card is the outcome of a contract concluded between ING Luxembourg, Foyer Assurances S.A. and Europ Assistance
This partnership means that you not only have all the advantages of a Visa card, but also:
- the knowhow of insurers of recognised standing;
- the resources of a major financial group;
- assistance at a highly competitive price.
- a large standby credit facility
Other advantages of our Visa Gold card
Thanks to your Visa Gold card you do not only benefit from the basic insurances mentioned on the «Visa Classic » page, but you can also benefit from the coverage linked to the insurances described below:
- Travel accident insurance (death & disability) covering death and permanent disability resulting from an accident abroad while using public transport (plane, train, boat or bus), paid for using your Visa card;
- Manufacturer warranty extension insurance adding two years to the manufacturer's initial warranty when you use your Visa card to purchase a new household appliance (fridge, etc.), electronic video (Plasma screen, etc.) or audio equipment (MP3 player, etc.), as well as communications or IT equipment (mobile phone, laptop, etc.) for private use;
- An internet delivery guarantee, providing you with compensation in the event of a delivery failure or incorrect delivery of an item for private use (household appliance, IT equipment, clothing, etc.) purchased new from an e-commerce site using your Visa card;
- Purchase protection insurance, reimbursing you for the purchase price or repair costs of an item of movable property (game console, computer, clothing, accessories, etc.) purchased new using your Visa card and stolen in a burglary/mugging or accidentally damaged;
- Travel insurance
covering any personal travel paid for using your Visa card, and allowing reimbursement of the following:
- the costs if your trip has to be cancelled or cut short for medical reasons, due to the death of a close family member, or if substantial material damage is done to your home or commercial premises (travel cancellation and interruption cover);
- the costs of your meals, refreshments, hotel expenses, round-trip airport or terminal travel expenses when you face a cancellation or a delay of more than four hours to a reserved scheduled flight (airplane delay cover);
- your urgent replacement and essential item purchases when your luggage is lost or delayed by more than four hours when you leave to go on holiday via a scheduled flight (luggage delay cover);
- any additional costs incurred due to a modification to your scheduled travel ticket into a similar or higher comfort class, in the event of cancellation, delay or delayed arrival at the transit zone of a scheduled flight or rail transfer, if no mean of transport is made available to you within four hours (ticket revaluation cover);
- If you are the main holder of a Visa account which is used exclusively for your commercial, industrial, arts and crafts or self-employed business activities, then you can benefit from a travel insurance, providing you with cover in relation to travel cancellation and interruption cover, airplane delay cover, luggage delay cover and ticket revaluation cover for any business trip paid for with a Visa card for which the main card account holder is a legal entity.
- Theft insurance, reimbursing you in the event of a mugging or burglary for the cost of replacing your keys (including locks) or identification documents, as well as the repair or reimbursement cost of your handbag or wallet;
- Vehicle hire excess waiver cover, reimbursing you for any excess amount in the event of an accident or theft of a rental vehicle paid for using your Visa card (up to 10.000€);
- Insurance for loss or theft of luggage or unregistered objects during a trip (including the journey, your hotel room and rental vehicles);
- Missed events cover, reimbursing you for any advance payment of a ticket for a concert, play, sports event or theme park booked in advance (for a precise date) paid for using your Visa card;
- Civil liability cover abroad, covering costs incurred with respect to physical injury, as well as consequential material or immaterial damage, caused to a third party while travelling abroad.
- Round-the-clock personal and vehicle insurance with our partner Europ Assistance, covering your personal or business travel both at home and abroad, enabling you specifically to be repatriated in the event that your health requires emergency repatriation, to obtain vehicle breakdown assistance for your vehicle in the event of a breakdown (even if this happens just outside your front door), and possibly a replacement vehicle.
You also have a Visa Cyber Card?
If you have a Visa Cyber Card, but also a Visa Gold card then you enjoy the same insurance services and benefit from the same terms and conditions, limits and guarantees as those associated with the Visa Gold card when using your Visa Cyber Card to make payments. Therefore, you can carry out your internet purchases safely knowing that you are receiving maximum protection.
Your Visa account on My ING.LU
Your My ING transactions space makes it simple for you to:
- easily see the outstanding amount of your credit line.
- consult your monthly statement.
- make payments to your VISA account.
- request duplicate documents and interest certificates.
- block you VISA card following loss or fraud, and replace them automatically.
- terminate your cards.
General Terms and Conditions
ING Luxembourg S.A. uses trade names to designate some services linked to a payment account and invites consumers to refer to the glossary provided in the General Terms and Conditions of the Bank and in the Pricing Extract in order to identify the corresponding terms on the standardised list of services.
The queen of cards. There are many different types and they offer many possibilities other than cashless payment, from differed repayment to additional guarantees on purchases.
3D Secure is an internationally recognised security standard for online payments. The service is limited in Luxembourg to credit cards.
If it’s true that when we shop in a store and handover physical cash, the pain of paying finds the act prompts more awareness about spending, and parting with cash may even hurt a bit more than swiping a bank card.
How can we help?
Monday to Friday from 8:15 am to 5:30 pm.
Send your request to our Contact Center.
A complete network of ING branches for your convenience.
Book an appointment in just a few clicks.