Coronavirus information (COVID19)
Last update: 21-09-2020
We are committed to stay by your side in this current situation. We are doing everything possible to keep our clients and employees healthy and safe as well as to ensure smooth banking servicing.
As you know the coronavirus (Covid-19) is continuing to spread into more and more countries around the world. At ING, we are following the guidance and measures provided by the relevant authorities.
Here you can find the answers to the main questions you might have in this period as well as some useful information.
Your daily purchases
- Avoid using paper money and coins.
- Use your payment app, ING Digicash, and your cards instead.
- Contactless payments (without PIN code) are for the moment possible till 50€ in Luxembourg!
Your Visa card
The cancellation conditions provide for reimbursement in the case of:
- Sickness (if you are infected by the coronavirus)
- Death (of one of your family members)
However, you will not be entitled to compensation if you cancel your trip to avoid becoming infected by the coronavirus. If the cancellation is due to a government or state restriction (e.g. border closures), there is also no compensation possible..
Begin by contacting the vendor to find a solution. Indeed, many vendors are pro-actively proposing alternative solutions (for example by postponing your trip to a later date or by issuing a voucher).
Yes, if you’re infected by the coronavirus.
For any questions concerning assistance or repatriation during a trip abroad, please visit the dedicated Europ Assistance Page: https://blog.europ-assistance.be/voyages-et-nouveau-coronavirus
In an emergency requiring immediate assistance, you can also call Europ Assistance directly on +352 44 99 25 75.
If your stay abroad must be extended if you are placed in quarantine, no extension will be covered on these grounds.
Online banking via My ING
- Consult the balance on your accounts and on your cards
- Order a new card on-line
- Transfer money between your accounts in real time
- Immediately block your card in case it got lost or stolen
- Access all your documents (Bank details, fiscal certificates, statements, …)
- Rename your accounts
- Easily make payments or do a transfer, with a notification of possible costs before finalising your transfers
- Easily validate transfers to known ad saved beneficiaries
- Create your standing orders in a few clicks
You can consult or block your direct debits via "Planned transfers" in My ING.
To create or modify a direct debit you will have to contact the beneficiary of your direct debit.
Stay informed thanks to the alerts My ING offers you. The alerts notify you in real time about what is happening on your account.
You can easily activate them via "My alerts" once you are connected.
- The access to My ING is secure thanks to the authentication methods of LuxTrust
- Secured messaging
- Security tips on the use of My ING
You can find a complete overview of the functionalities of My ING here.
5 security rules for digital communications with ING
Contact or meet us
Health measures to follow in ING branches from Monday April 20:
- Respect the security distance of 2 metres between yourself and any other person in the branch.
- Wear a mouth covering, as the government has made wearing a mask obligatory in places where the security distance cannot be guaranteed.
In order to keep you and our employees healthy and safe, please note that we will limit the access to our branches upon appointment, for urgent matters only. May we ask you to contact your Relationship Manager by secured message via My ING or by email ? We are convinced that together we will find the suitable solution to answer to your specific situation.
Our ATMs remain of course available to you 24/7.
- Online Banking:
As usual, your online banking solution My ING is available to manage your finances quickly, easily, anytime and anywhere, from your computer, tablet or smartphone : https://www.ing.lu/content/siteing/fr/login.html .
- Contact by phone:
Your Relationship Manager is at your disposal , you may also reach our colleagues of the Contact Center, available from 08h15 to 17h30, from Monday through Friday via email@example.com or +352 44 99 1.
Your ING team